Monday, January 14, 2013

My 2012 Favourites

Hey lovelies,

I know I'm a little late with this post since we're two weeks into 2013, but better late than never right? These are some of the products that I found myself reaching for the most this past year, did any of your favourites make the cut? Let me know in the comments below!

Favourite Face Products






Dior Amber Glow - My all-time favourite highlight powder for my cheekbones. I always get asked how I get a "glow" in pictures, and this is it! Its a little on the pricey side, but I've been using it for a year and haven't even made a dent in it. I like to apply this with a fan brush because it gives just the right amount of product on my cheekbones. Check out my previous post on it here.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder - An excellent dupe for the MAC Blot powder. It keeps my skin shine free all day and is very affordable. I got the translucent one, but it does come in a couple of different colours.

Urban Decay All Nighter make-up setting spray - An absolute must have if you're going to wear your make-up all day and night. Or if you're going out to the club to bust a move. Keeps your make-up looking fresh all day.

Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel - Helps keep skin clear, and helps prevent aging. Check out my post about it here
Favourite Eye Products


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze - A fabulous drugstore product that doesn't crease or fade on my eyelids throughout the day. I love this in the morning when I'm in a rush to get out the door and don't have time to apply a lot of eyeshadow. I like to apply it with my fingers to give a subtle wash of colour to my eyelids. Check out a swatch here.

Make Up Forever Waterproof eyebrow corrector - Mine is in shade #3. I use this product every single day to fill in my brows and shape them. You only need the smallest amount of product so this tube will probably last me 5 years. I haven't tested out the waterproof claim on it, but it doesn't sweat off at the gym, so thats all the waterproofing I need!


Favourite Lip Products

L-R: Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy,  Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple,  Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake, Rimmel lipstick in Airy Fairy

L-R: Rimmel Airy Fairy, Revlon Strawberry Shortcake, Revlon Candy Apple,  Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy


Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy - Also known as 908C (they don't list the name on some of the lipstick labels), this is the perfect matte berry shade. Its also an exact dupe for MAC's Rebel. Its a little drying on the lips, but applying some lip balm before you apply the lipstick can alleviate that issue.

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple - A moisturizing lip butter in the perfect daytime red shade. Its not too bright, and is very easy to apply. It also leaves a subtle stain on the lips as it fades.

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - A babydoll pink that looks great with a pink gloss layered on top. My lips are naturally pigmented, so it gives them a nice them a nice pink tinge. If your lips are paler, this will show up much brighter so you probably won't need the gloss on top.

Rimmel Airy Fairy - The perfect pinky-nude for pigmented lips! I wear this colour at least 4 times a week!

Favourite Hair Products

Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo - A great way to extend a blow-out or to freshen up hair after the gym. I also like to apply this to my roots before I backcomb them because it gives some volume as well.

Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray - I use this before applying any heat to my hair. It provides protection against damage caused by styling tools, and its *very* affordable.
Got 2B Satin Drops - If I could only take 1 hair product to a desert island, this would be it! A few drops of this serum to either damp or freshly styled hair provides lasting shine. 

Organix Coconut Milk hair serum - Prevents breakage with consistent use and leaves hair shiny. I like to apply this to damp hair before I either blow dry it or leave it to dry on its own overnight. It eliminates frizz like a dream! Read my full review here.

Teasing brush - I picked this brush up at Sally's Beauty Supply and its excellent for backcombing hair. 


Random Favourites


 Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb - Every lady should have a signature scent and this is mine. It's an oriental, floral scent with notes of Jasmine, Rose, Orchid, Freesia, and Patchouli. Its not a strong fragrance and it tends to fade throughout the day leaving a hint of patchouli behind. It's on the pricey side, so I only wear it for special occasions, definitely not an everyday scent for me.


White Barn Candles - These candles are ah-mazing! I always stock up on them when Bath & Body Works has them on sale. They last forever, and the scents are divine! My mom likes to burn them when she cooks to eliminate any odors (I'm Indian, so trust me, there are odors when she cooks! and these candles get rid of them!)

So tell me lovelies, what were your favourites of 2012? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...