Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation

Hey lovelies!

Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is a favourite of mine and of many other beauty bloggers. It gives amazing coverage and lasts all day without fading or creasing. However, it photographs terribly! It gives a greyish cast in photos and can feel a little heavy on the skin at times. Which is why the company came out with their Day Wear Light foundation (well, thats why I think they did anyways).

The Day Wear foundation offers the coverage of Double Wear without the heavy cake-y feeling and without changing color in photos. It provides medium coverage and gives a matte finish when it dries down. The foundation contains an SPF of 10 (like the original formula) but does not cause a grey cast when photographed. The company claims that the foundation will last up to 15 hours on the skin, and I can totally agree. I've put this foundation on at 5am and it has lasted through until 9pm when I came home and took it off with some minor fading on my chin and forehead (I'm sure my combination skin had something to do with that).

I like to apply the foundation with a foundation brush and set it with my MAC mineralize skinfinish. The two work really well together to give the skin an airbrushed finish.

I have this foundation in shade 3.0 (for reference, my skin tone is NW 35-40) and its a perfect match. The only downside to this foundation is the lack of color selection. There are only 6 shades (or intensities as they're referred to on the website) to choose from. But I feel that because the foundation is only a light to medium coverage, it will fit most skin tones as it blends really well into the skin.

The foundation retails for $36 USD ($42 CDN) and is definitely one I will re-purchase.

In natural light


Estee Lauder Day Wear Light in Intensity 3.0

With flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...