Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sock buns and scaredy cats

Hey lovelies,

Sometimes, I like to pretend that I'm braver than I actually am. The truth is, I'm a chicken who can't watch scary movies alone and hides under the covers whenever I hear a strange noise in my apartment. So I don't know what possessed me to take a haunted tour of Chicago BY MYSELF! Of course there were other people on the tour with me, but I went alone. Needless to say, I was scared to death by the time I got home and slept with all the lights on in my apartment for the next couple of nights. The tour itself was a mix of ghost stories, visits to different sites in Chicago where these scary events took place, and lot of history about the city. I really loved the tour because I'm a huge history buff and Chicago has such an interesting past filled with disasters (The Great Chicago fire which completely leveled the city), mobsters (Al Capone and John Dillinger anyone?), and serial killers (like John Wayne Gacy). I would definitely take this tour again, however, I'm not going alone!
If this sounds like something you'd like to do, check out Chicago Hauntings

Now, onto the outfit I chose to wear to get the crap scared out of me. It was a little chilly that night even though its August, so I chose to wear a light sweater layered over a tank top. As for my hair, I took the easy route with a sock bun. For those of you unfamiliar with what a sock bun is, its basically a clean gym sock thats been manipulated to form the base of my bun. My hair is naturally very thick, so using a sock makes my bun pretty big, and I love it! The bigger the hair, the closer to heaven! LOL

Sweater: Forever 21
Tank: Marshalls
Jeans: Levi's
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: H&M



Yep, there's a sock in there!

1 comment:

  1. super cute! I've been meaning to try the sock bun, I just can't come around to which sock I should mutilate for it. haha. And stop going places alone! Give me a call, we'll do something together :) - Aisha Q.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...