Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rave: Clinique Age Defense BB Cream

Hey lovelies,

These days it seems like Beauty Balms (aka "BB creams") are all the rage, with most major make-up companies releasing their own version of them. For those of you unfamiliar with BB creams, they originated in Asia and have only recently made their way to North America. They are multi-tasking creams that serve as a moisturizer, SPF protection, and antioxidants (usually) so they provide light to medium coverage and improve your skins overall condition over time.
I've been anxious to try these creams out to see if they live up to their claims. I did some research online and read a lot of reviews, before finally settling on Clinique's Age Defense BB cream in shade #3 (for reference my skin is NC30-40, depending on how tan I am).

Image borrowed from Amazon




I can't say enough good things about this product! It has light-to-medium coverage (depending on how much you use) and is very good at evening out my skintone without looking like I have make-up on.  If I have any blemishes I need to cover, all I need is a tiny bit of concealer layered over the BB cream and I'm good to go! It lasts a good 8 hours I notice any fading and it does not oxidize or get oily in my T-zone. I usually set it with a little bit of MAC Mineralize Natural powder, and I find that the two work really well together. I love that this product has an SPF of 30, so my skin is protected without having to layer on the sunscreen.

Clinique BB cream in shade 3

Blended out

Clinique BB cream with MAC MSF dusted on top (flash)
You can find this product at the Clinique counter, or at Sephora. It retails for $37USD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...