Friday, August 31, 2012

Mega Plush Lashes? You bet!

Hey lovelies,

I am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. One that will add some length, LOTS of volume and be able to hold a curl all day long without flaking. Impossible you say? Thats what I thought too, until I came across Maybelline's Mega Plush Volume Express mascara.


From Maybelline's webiste:

Now, mega volume goes mega plush.
- Our first gel-mousse mascara with 40% less hard waxes for massive volume with a supple touch
- Extra-soft, patented flexor brush caresses lashes
- Lashes never brittle or flaky
- Available in washable and waterproof formulas


At first, I found the formula too wet, it needed about a week of use to get a little thicker, but once it thickened up, I found myself reaching for this mascara over my all-time favourite, Cover Girl's Lash Blast.
This mascara allows you to build good volume in two coats without looking spider-y or clumpy. It adds a little bit of length to my lashes, but nothing overwhelming, which is fine by me since I have long lashes naturally. My most important criteria in a good mascara are ability to build volume and the ability to hold a curl. My lashes are very straight, and even after curling them, they tend to straighten out again after a few hours. I found this mascara was able to hold the curl all day, which is unheard of for a non-waterproof mascara (at least on my lashes anyways). It washes off with soap and water and doesn't flake throughout the day or irritate my sensitive eyes.


Two coats of Maybelline's Mega Plush Volume Express

Overall, I give this mascara 5/5. It delivers on all of its claims, and is great for everyday wear. However, when I go out at night, I'll still probably grab my Lash Blast waterproof for that extra drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...