Sunday, February 26, 2012

Maybelline Color 24 hour Tattoo Eyeshadow

Hey lovelies,
Maybelline recently released a new line of eyeshadows that are marketed as super long-wearing and crease-proof. I was instantly intrigued because eyeshadows never last more than a few hours on my lids without a primer underneath, and they ALWAYS crease. I headed to my local Walgreens to check out the color selection and I was slightly disappointed in the lack of neutral colors available. I only ended up purchasing only one color that was the most neutral of the bunch, Bad to the Bronze. They also had a gold shade which looked nice and a matte taupe one, but it looked too similar to my Groundwork paint pot.


The consistency of the shadow is very creamy, and in my opinion, they're a total dupe for the MAC paint pots, at a third of the price! The shadow applies easily with my finger but I choose to use a flat shadow brush (the one that came with my NAKED palette).



On my bare lids, the shadow wore for about 5 hours without creasing, but it lasted a solid 9 hours without fading. When I applied my Urban Decay Primer Potion under the shadow, it lasted all day without creasing or fading!
I've been wearing this color on my lids a few times a week, especially when I'm in a rush to get out the door because application of the shadow is so quick and easy.
If you're looking for a long-wearing shadow and don't want to shell out the $$ for a MAC paint pot, I highly recommend picking up the Maybelline Color 24 hour shadows. I think I'll pick up a couple of the brighter colors in this line too!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. I still haven't purchased any but plan on it very soon. :)

    http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...