Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel

Image borrowed from Google

Product Description (from Sephora): This peel not only diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, but it helps complexion problems, balances oil, tones skin, and increases clarity and radiance. Uniquely soothing, it also helps to calm redness, sensitivity, and irritation. Plus, its gentle, daily approach can give superior results compared to harsher, less frequent treatments. The two-step process is easy: simply wipe the face with a pad from Step 1, wait two minutes, then repeat with Step 2.

This peel is so easy to use and you can start seeing results in as little as a few days. I use it after I've washed my face at night, before I moisturize. It's basically replaced my toner in my nightly routine. The pads are fairly large so I cut them in half and use them over two days (more bang for your buck!). I've read that some people cut them up into 4 pieces but I personally haven't tried it. The peel itself is a 2-step process. You wipe the first pad over your face and neck until you feel it go dry, then you wait 2 minutes and follow-up with the second pad, wiping it all over your face and neck.
Since starting to use these pads a week ago, I've noticed that my skin tone is MUCH more even and some old acne scars have almost faded away. I can't say much about the wrinkle fighting claims because thankfully I don't have any.
In terms of scent, it definitely has one, kind of a chemical smell, but it fades very quickly. I use the product near my eye area as well and haven't experienced any itching or irritation. I find that my skin is a little pink right after application, but that quickly disappears once I apply my moisturizer.
This product is pretty pricey ($78 for a 30-day supply) so I don't think it's something I would purchase consistently. However, Sephora does carry a 5-day supply travel pack for $15, and if you cut the pads in half, it could last you 10 days. I can see myself using these pads as a "pick-me-up" for my skin when I feel that its looking dull or to cure the damage that may have been done during a random break-out.
Has anyone else tried this product or anything else from Dr Gross?

2 comments:

  1. Gr8 Blog :)

    Wanna follow each other with GFC, Twitter and Facebook ?

    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great review I actaully have never even heard of that product I have
    such sensitive skin I feel like i break out get these crazy reactions off some products
    you should enter my give away :)
    DOLLMEUP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...