Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How I Kicked my Sugar Addiction

Hello lovelies,
Many of you may be wondering, how can someone be addicted to sugar? And why is that such a bad thing? Sugar may seem like a harmless little substance, but when eaten in excess (like I do) it can be quite dangerous. Sugar causes a spike in insulin levels in your blood, which can cause your body to store excess fat and may even lead to type 2 diabetes down the road. It can also lead to decreased energy levels once that initial sugar rush has subsided.
I've tried many times in the past to quit sugar, even replacing the sugar in my coffee with Stevia, but those cravings for cookies, cupcakes and especially chocolate just wouldn't go away. I would go a few days without eating any sugar at all and then binge and eat a chocolate bar or a cupcake. My sugar cravings are the worst after lunch and dinner, and I find myself venturing out to find my fix at the local bakery or the 7-11 down the street (I don't keep sweets in my apartment in an effort to beat the addiction).  I thought all hope was lost and that I should just accept the fact that I'm a sugar junkie, until I came across.....
(image borrowed from google)

I saw this gum at Target while I was checking out and my first thought was "ew, who wants gum that tastes like pie?" but my cousin convinced me to try it so I bought a pack and O.M.G. This gum tastes EXACTLY like apple pie! Its like something from Willy Wonka! This gum is the secret to quitting my sugar addiction! Every time I'm craving something sweet, I grab a stick of gum and the craving is satisfied. A bonus to this little gum trick is that because you chew it for awhile, it stops you from mindlessly snacking as well. This gum comes in other flavors as well, like Mint Chocolate Chip and Strawberry Shortcake, but I haven't tried them yet.
If there's anyone else out there looking to kick their sugar addiction, I seriously recommend you try this gum, it just may work for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...