Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review: Crest 2-hour Whitestrips

Hello lovelies,
I am obsessed with having white teeth! I read once that when someone looks at you, the first thing they notice about you are your eyes and second is your smile. Thankfully I had braces as a teenager so my teeth are fairly straight (I didn't wear my retainer as much as I should have which is why I say "fairly") but I drink a lot of coffee and tea so I'm always worrying about staining my teeth.
Recently I was sent Crest 2 hour express Whitestrips to review and wanted to share my results after using 1 treatment.
(Image borrowed from Google)

The package comes with 4 treatments which is a 12 month supply since each treatment is supposed to last for 3 months. It retails for around $50 so its wayyyyy cheaper than getting your teeth professionally whitened at the dentist. But with that being said, you also can't expect the same results you would get by going to a professional. The company states that this product is meant for people who need an express whitening treatment, but I'm not quite sure what that means. What kind of event could pop-up that you would need whiter teeth for right away? Maybe if you're a celebrity or in the public eye a lot?
My impressions of this product weren't so great. I normally use the regular Whitestrips and love the results I get with those, especially because you only need to keep them on for 30 minutes at a time. The 2 hour time allotment for these strips is a major problem for me, I just don't have that kind of patience.  Also, I didn't notice a huge difference in my teeth after I removed the strips. The box claims "noticeably whiter teeth" but I don't think that's entirely true. I don't think I'll wait 3 months to use the next set of strips, I might use them again after 1 month to see if anything "noticeable" occurs.
Overall, I give this product a 3/5. I think I'll stick to the regular Whitestrips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...