Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rview: NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona

Hello lovelies,
I have been on the search for a good summer foundation that isn't too heavy and won't melt off my face in this blistering Chicago heat (I'm a sweaty gal). I've heard good things about NARS Sheer Glow so I headed over to my local Sephora to score a sample. I was matched to the color Barcelona and it blends seamlessly into my skin! Its a light to medium coverage foundation but you can build it up to be a solid medium, its definitely not full coverage though.

I love the dewy finish to this foundation and how easily its applied with my fingertips. Apparently it contains micro particles of color and when you apply it with your fingers, those particles break apart and allow the make-up to blend effortlessly. I like to go over it with my NYX duo fiber brush after blending with my fingers to give it an even smoother finish. I usually wear this foundation with Smashbox's Prime Light underneath (review on that to come soon!) and I get solid wear for about 8 hours before I notice some fading. However, when I wore this make-up without the primer underneath, my face was an oil slick in about 4 hours. So I would definitely recommend a primer underneath or using something like MAC's blot powder on top to control shine throughout the day.
Overall, I give Sheer Glow an 9/10. It loses marks because it doesn't come with a pump dispenser so its a little messy to get out of the bottle.
Does anyone else use Sheer Glow? How do you find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...