Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Hello lovelies,
Coconut oil has been used for centuries in India as a natural moisturizer for the hair. Its a solid at room temp and liquefies at warmer temperatures. Growing up, I remember my parents sticking my sister and I in the tub and rubbing the oil through our hair and making us sleep with it in. I used to hate it at the time, but i guess I have to thank them for the thick, long hair I have now.
I haven't used coconut oil in my hair for a VERY long time, probably not since I was a child, but I came across some articles about it a little while ago and found myself ordering a bottle online.
For the past few months, I have been applying this coconut oil to my hair once a week to see if it really does make a difference. And did it make my hair healthier? Drumroll please.......YES!
I use a small scoop of this oil in my dry hair and distribute it evenly from roots to tips and then cover my hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Then I rinse it off in the shower and follow with shampoo and conditioner.
Over the past few months, I've noticed that my hair has gotten shinier and the split ends have all but disappeared! I also don't have any flaking on my scalp which was an occasional problem for me. I would definitely recommend this age old beauty secret to anyone looking to improve the condition of their hair or just looking to try something new! And if you can't find coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil are also very good hair treatments.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post. coconut oil does wonders for shine and health. A little goes a long way as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...