Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: Derma-E DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Creme



What is it: Widely-acclaimed DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid are combined with C-Ester in this rich moisturizing formula that both hydrates your skin and supports collagen and elastin health. Contains 1% Alpha Lipoic Acid.
I purchased this cream after seeing a segment on Dr Oz about the benefits of DMAE cream and its ability to promote collagen renewal. After reading some online reviews, I decided to purchase this off of Amazon.com.
I tried using this cream as a daytime moisturizer and found that my face was an oil slick by noon. And my make-up was no where to be found! So I then switched to using it as a night time moisturizer. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and have found that it is irritating to my combination skin. I've been waking up with one or two whiteheads every morning which is not normal for my usually clear skin. Since this is the only new product in my skin care routine, it has to be due to this cream. I've also noticed that the pores on my cheeks are more visible whereas they used to be almost invisible before.
I've decided to ditch this cream and go back to my nightly retinol cream as retinol is the only compound that's been scientifically proven to promote collagen synthesis.
Has anyone else tried this cream? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried it,
    doesn't sound good!

    http://fashionista-marika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...